Thursday, October 21, 2010

Put your knees away!

You know what really grinds my gears?  When I go to a nice restaurant (nice, meaning they don't have pictures of the food on the menu and the wine list has more than just Sutter Home) and the guy at the table next to mine is wearing shorts and flip flops.  When I'm eating decent food, I don't want to see your knees and feet, dude.  I know you own a pair of pants; this is the time to wear them.  In this economy, I'm sure restaurants probably feel like they can't turn away someone who is willing and able to spend money, so I understand the lack of dress code (or at least dress code enforcement), but what is wrong with men that they have no ability to assess whether what they are wearing is appropriate? Show a little respect for the restaurant and other diners.  Here are some good rules of thumb: Sporting event?  Wear your favorite shorts.  Beach? Rock those flip flops.  Restaurant with a decent wine list?  Cover your knees and toes. And if that isn't feasible, go to Denny's.  They're open 24 hours. And don't even get me started on women wearing lounge pants and pajamas in public...

No comments:

Post a Comment